The refurbished Stratton Community Hospital 2014
We’re here to make a difference
Welcome to our website.
In 2010 we launched our £1m appeal to help with refurbishment of the upgrade and re-build of our hospital. Thanks to fundraising and the excellent support of local businesses, organisations, individuals and donations in memory, this target was reached in November, 2019.
From donated funds we supplement the services provided by Stratton Hospital, Stratton Medical Centre, Bude Surgery and community healthcare services – as and when requested – for the health, welfare and comfort of the patients, staff, users and other persons in the community, by the provision of facilities and equipment which may be required. These are items which are additional to those provided by the NHS.
Our aim is also to support, maintain and encourage maximum outpatient services at our hospital for the benefit of local residents.
We have a gold standard hospital at Stratton and endeavour to maintain and build on that.
Do you need urgent NHS care in Cornwall? Then contact NHS 111
- There’s a new system in Cornwall if you need urgent – but not emergency – care.
- Just contact NHS 111 by phone or online at any time of day or night, to find out where you should go and when.
- If needed, expert clinicians will arrange for you to be seen at the Emergency Department (ED) or at our range of other treatment units.
- Please don’t just turn up, as you may be directed elsewhere or have to wait longer.
- This is a new way of accessing urgent care in Cornwall, to make sure everyone stays as safe as possible during the pandemic.
- It will help the NHS manage the flow of patients when capacity in waiting rooms is much smaller than before, to maintain distancing and reduce the risk of infection.
- It means you will get the right treatment, more quickly – and probably closer to home as well.
- And if you’re a visitor to Cornwall, you don’t need to look up details of NHS services if you need urgent treatment – just phone 111 or go online at: https://111.nhs.uk/
- A video that explains how the new system works can be found here: https://www.kernowccg.nhs.uk/get-info/choose-well/nhs-111/
Arrangements have not changed for people with serious or life-threatening illnesses or injuries. Please continue to dial 999 as before.